- Airbnb’s On-line Experiences empowers Singapore’s native F&B trade by offering another income stream and a chance to succeed in a worldwide viewers
- The launch of On-line Cooking Experiences celebrates Singapore’s numerous culinary panorama with Chef Malcolm Lee of Candlenut, the world’s first Michelin-starred Peranakan restaurant, a lengthy with different main F&B shops
- Chef Malcolm joins different award-winning cooks providing On-line Experiences globally, resembling David Chang, Marc Favier, Christina Bowerman and extra
- On-line Experiences have rapidly advanced to develop into one among company’ favourite methods to ‘journey the world’ nearly, with bookings in Singapore, rising by nearly 700% since launch
SINGAPORE, July 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Get able to embark on a digital foodie journey and whip up a gastronomic storm in your individual kitchen as Airbnb unveils a new curated collection of On-line Cooking Experiences in Singapore.
The On-line Cooking Experiences in Singapore are an avenue to empower Singapore’s native F&B trade by offering another income stream and a chance to succeed in a worldwide viewers. This initiative, which is a step in the precise path to assist the trade bounce again from the COVID-19 pandemic, is supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, a champion of Singapore’s homegrown culinary expertise and the nation’s vibrant eating tradition.
The gathering of On-line Cooking Experiences celebrates Singapore’s numerous culinary panorama with Secrets of a Michelin-starred Chef, an On-line Expertise hosted by Chef Malcolm Lee of Candlenut, the world’s first Michelin-starred Peranakan restaurant, together with On-line Experiences from different main F&B shops resembling Cheek (Flavors from Down Under with Chef Rishi), IBHQ (Cocktail Cabinet aka Mix it like a Pro) in addition to Jekyll & Hyde (Classic Cocktails w/a Touch of Singapore).
“Connecting with folks by way of meals is my ardour as a chef, so I’m delighted to have the chance to share my ardour with a worldwide viewers by way of Airbnb On-line Experiences,“ mentioned Chef Malcolm Lee. “I’m wanting ahead to giving company from all around the world the possibility to find and study extra about Singapore’s famed meals tradition and Peranakan delicacies within the consolation of their very own properties.”
Chef Malcolm Lee joins different award-winning cooks around the globe providing a brand new curated assortment of On-line Cooking Experiences, together with David Chang (of Momofuku Restaurant Group), Marc Favier (Marcore in Paris, France), Christina Bowerman (of Glass Hostaria in Rome, Italy) and extra, who’re set to supply company with a sneak peek behind the counter with their distinctive recipes and strategies. The worldwide On-line Cooking Experiences assortment additionally encompasses a numerous array of culinary experiences hosted by Take A Chef .
“Airbnb On-line Experiences have rapidly advanced to be one of our company’ favourite methods to ‘journey the world’ nearly,” mentioned Parin Mehta, Director (Asia-Pacific), Airbnb Experiences. “With the launch of On-line Cooking Experiences in Singapore, we’re wanting ahead not solely to attach prime cooks with our international neighborhood of company, but additionally to showcase the very best of Singapore’s culinary tradition to the world and assist the restoration of our F&B trade submit COVID-19.”
Ms Ranita Sundra, Director, Retail and Eating, STB, mentioned, “Within the face of adversity, our F&B trade has proven that it’s modern, adaptable and keen to check out new enterprise codecs. The On-line Cooking Experiences in Singapore is an instance of a brand new platform that F&B institutions can leverage to showcase their culinary creations to the world and lift the worldwide profile of Singapore’s dynamic F&B scene. Additionally it is a chance for the trade to attach with clients in contemporary methods, in addition to diversify their enterprise fashions.”
Since launching Airbnb On-line Experiences in April 2020, bookings in Singapore have grown by nearly 700%, and Meals & Drink has been its hottest class globally and throughout Asia-Pacific.
Company can now achieve distinctive entry to Michelin-starred and top-rated cooks from their very personal kitchen. Different On-line Cooking Experiences launching at present embody:
- Marvel at Chef Ivan’s Soulful Meals with Iván Muñoz (of El Chirón in Madrid, Spain)
- Springtime Savours with Pascal Aussignac (of Membership Gascon in London, United Kingdom)
- Secrets at Home with Giuseppe Ianotti (of Krèsios in Piedimonte Matese, Italy)
- Southern Italian Dishes with Paolo Gramaglia (of President in Amalfi Coast, Italy)
- Tasty Home Staples with Jonathan Benno (of BENNO in New York, USA)
- Mediterranean Seafood with Marc Favier (of Marcore in Paris, France)
- Fresh Homemade Preserves with Brad Carter (of Carters of Moseley in Birmingham, UK)
- Food Pairings with Soo Ahn (of Band of Bohemia in Chicago, USA)
- First Course Flavors with Nicola Dinato (of Feva in Venice, Italy)
- Cook-Along with Michelin Trained Chef Anthea Stephenson (of WeCook in London, United Kingdom)
- Seasonal French Produce with Indra Carrillo Perea (of La Condesa in Paris, France)
- The World of High Kitchen Fermentations with Diego Guerrero (of DSTAgE in Madrid, Spain)
- Countryside Cooking with Davide Pezzuto (of D.One in Montepagano, Italy)
- Sabores de Al-Ándalus with Paco Morales (of Noor in Cordoba, Spain)
- Fusion of Flavors with Joachim Koerper (of Eleven in Lisbon, Portugal)
- Global Contemporary Cuisine with Andrew Zimmerman(of Sepia in Chicago, USA)
- Meaty Italian Mains with Andrea Ribaldone(of Osteria dell’Arborina in Piedmont Countryside, Italy)
- Easy Dishes w/ Tastemade chef Frankie (of Wrestle Meals in New York, USA)
- Contemporary Seoul Cuisine with Jun Lee (of Soigné in Seoul, South Korea)
- Alsatian Modern Cuisine with Gabriel Kreuther (of Gabriel Kreuther in New York, USA)
- Taste of Tuscany with Gaetano Trovato (of Arnolfo in Colle di Val d’Elsa, Italy)
- Zeal and simplicity of Japanese cuisine with Edson Yamashita (of Ryo Gastronomia in Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Modern Mexican Cuisine with Roberto Ruiz (of Punto MX in Madrid, Spain)
 Based mostly on inner Airbnb Experiences reserving knowledge as of Might 2020.
Airbnb is without doubt one of the world’s largest marketplaces for distinctive, genuine locations to remain and issues to do, providing over 7 million lodging and 40,000 handcrafted actions, all powered by native hosts. An financial empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped hundreds of thousands of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their areas and their passions whereas preserving the monetary advantages of tourism in their very own communities. With greater than half a billion visitor arrivals so far, and accessible in 62 languages throughout 220+ international locations and areas, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, neighborhood and belief around the globe.